- Trick-or-Treat with a group and take along a parent or a teen-aged brother or sister.
in neighborhoods you know, you trust and that are well lit. Stay out of dark alleys, dark stairwells or remote locations.
your Halloween route with your parents and the time you will return.
- Wear clothing that is light in color and not
too long. Add something that glows in the dark or is reflective.
- Wear make-up instead of a mask that can inhibit vision.
a flashlight and walk on the sidewalks.
- Cross streets at the crosswalks and stay away from cars.
- Stay outside
the homes you visit.
- Be sure all treats are wrapped and sealed. Eat them only after a parent checks them first.
your feelings! Stay away from strange or uncomfortable situations.
- If you do not feel safe Trick-or-Treating, do not
- Have a fun and SAFE Halloween.
More SAFETY TIPS here